Wi-Fi 6 is the next generation of Wi-Fi. It still works the same allowing you to connect to the internet, but with just a bunch of additional technologies to make that happen more efficiently and speeding up connections in the process.
Wi-Fi 6 Technology is a substantial upgrade over previous generations and provides faster connection speeds, and Instead of just boosting the speed for individual devices, Wi-Fi 6 is all about improving the network when a bunch of devices is connected.
Two key technologies are speeding up Wi-Fi 6 connections:
1. MU-MIMO: The technology allows a router to communicate with multiple devices at the same time, rather than broadcasting to one device, and then the next, and the next.
2. OFDMA: It is a multi-user version of the OFDM digital-modulation technology. In Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), OFDMA is one of the critical features to improve network performance.
Wi-Fi 6 Technology also,
1. Supports target wake time (TWT). That allows an AP to manage activity in the Wi-Fi network. So with this feature, when the AP is not sending or receiving data they go into sleep mode.
2. It also Overlapping Basic Service Sets (OBSS) is another Wi-Fi 6 feature that can help to improve network congestion.
3. Focused Beams: Wi-Fi 6 can even focus its signal towards the location of a wireless device to improve speed and reliability.
4. Bandwidth on 2.4GHz is 574 Mbps and Bandwidth on 5GHz is 2.4 Gbps IEEE 802.11ax standard
HOW FAST IS IT?
The short but incomplete answer: 9.6 Gbps. That’s up from 3.5 Gbps on Wi-Fi 5.
The real answer: both of those speeds are theoretical maximums that you’re unlikely to ever reach in real-world Wi-Fi use. And even if you could reach those speeds, it’s not clear that you’d need them.
That 9.6 Gbps doesn’t have to go to a single computer. It can be split up across a whole network of devices. That means more potential speed for each device.
WIFI 6 is the fastest supporting internet device in Nepal.